Thursday, 4 May 2017

Stitchmaynia 2017 - a stimulus to get going again!

Apart from finishing off this small violets needlepainting (which I still need to write up for you) and doing some motifs on new baby knits (which I have written about, just not yet published), I haven't done a lot of embroidery this year so far.  Yesterday, however, not only did I start on a small hardanger piece for a sympathy card, but I also discovered one of those on-line stitching community challenge kinda things called Stitchmaynia.

I immediately interpreted this as getting as much stitchery done as possible during May, but apparently, that's not quite the original aim.  The 'pure' version is to start 15 items during May, but, unsurprisingly, many are creating their own permutations and I'm certainly going to be putting my own spin on it.  I mean, can you really see me running 15+ WIPs in one go?  The original Queen of 'a limited number of projects on the go at any one time' and 'no UFOs'??  As if!  So, I decided that I would take it as a stimulus to get on and finish two of the three things I have on the go just now - the hardanger card (more on that one in a later post), the Paradise Island XS:


(untouched for at many weeks - I know I didn't work on it during April and probably not March either), and a black chunky/bulky cardigan I'm knitting for myself:


I will also be starting and, hopefully, completing a few new things.  Here's the list of needlecrafts stuff I'd already posted on my other blog complete with comments on progress etc:

* Get on with 'Paradise Island cross stitch    65-70% complete so far
* Do some other embroidery  goal already met thanks to my hardanger work yesterday, but more to come
* Make a t-shirt  mostly at a workshop on sewing with knit fabrics I'm going to on Weds 10th
* Finish black chunky cardy  very much in progress, back and both sleeves already knit
* Knit Veli baby hat  to match a jacket I'll be publishing a post on soon
* Knit Tang baby cardy  another new start, but a fairly quick job
* Start on bag making tasks  i.e. Sat-Nav bag for Sir, backpack, knitting bag, manicure pouch

More on the sewing, and even the knitting, soon, as that's part of a major new project that will last a good couple of years or more and I plan on writing about that separately.

Other than just that, I have these to stitch on:


Intrigued?  Well, more soon!

Are you joining in Stitchmaynia?  If so, what is your personal version?

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2017

3 comments:

Hillview Embroidery said...

I can't say I have heard of this particular stitching challenge- but I don't think I could keep up with that many projects at once! I have no doubt I have more than fifteen WIPs, but only one really active piece! Have fun!

Beth in IL said...

I am stitching on one piece for 15 days for at least 15 minutes. Hey! I may even make some progress on it!

Rachel said...

I hadn't heard of this one until now, but with my Mam's Exhibition running in May I will consider myself fortunate if I do any stitching at all....!

 
Google+