Sunday 5 February 2017

The Sunday Yarn - 5 Feb 2017


How long is it since I last wrote a Sunday Yarn post?  A long time, methinks.  Perhaps for some of the baby projects last year?

I have two pregnant friends again (different ones from last year) and I'm also planning to enter the knitting categories in one or more shows this coming summer, so I'll be keeping my knitting needles busy as well as my embroidery ones.

As you can see from the photo of the blue cardigan above, I've worked my 'go-to' baby girl pattern again - I think this will be the 5th time now, but the first in a premature size.  The Otley Show has a class 'specially for baby jackets to go to the local premature baby unit, so I wanted to join in. ☺  I got some lovely, pure cotton yarn for this one.

Below is my 60% worked, rather narrow, bright pink scarf.  The yarn for this one is wonderfully soft too - 50% cotton and 50% bamboo.  It's done in double stocking stitch and will be for me.  Mum gave me a pair of bright pink gloves and so I decided to knit a scarf to go with them.


Last, but not least, we have the two bigger patterns I bought the other day with some of the yarn to work them in.  The jumper/sweater (on the right) is in a girls' size rather than adults', but I'm sure I can size it up OK.  I bought the same yarn as seen on the photo for that one, and another one I really liked to work the other one in.  I might even make two of those - do another in black.  We shall see.


More updates when I've more progress to share.

Back to embroidery tomorrow.  I only write yarncrafts posts on occasional Sundays - my blog isn't changing direction.☺)

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2017

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That bamboo/cotton blend should be warm as well as super soft and cuddly to wear..

D1-D2 said...

The color of that scarf is lovely. I wish I wasn't all thumbs when it comes to knitting. They have the loveliest patterns.

 
Google+