Wednesday 8 October 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday - 8 October 2014

I have some progress to report! AND I seem to have managed to get a couple of passably decent photos of the work so far.  How's that for news?=)

I've been playing around a little bit with some of my camera settings.  Rather blindly, I'm afraid, as I really don't know what I'm doing with it, but having a good play around has helped me get some shots that seems to distinguish the different reddish shades.  The light's not quite right yet, but it's moving in the right direction and, well, there's always Photoshop!!!


I had quite a surprise the other day when I finally got around to putting the threads from the stumpwork face kit away.  I matched them up via my thread colour chart and found out the dark pink was shade #76.  However, there was no #76 in my thread pack (#s 52 - 100).  A missing colour, no less!  I thought I had the lot.  I then picked the shade card back up and looked through the whole of the section checking to see if any others were missing and there were two more in that pack.  A couple of days later I went through the rest of the collection and found another two missing.  A nice parcel of threads arrived from SewandSo this lunchtime with both the five missing stranded cottons and 14 more of the Anchor Coton à Broder #25 shades that I'm collecting.  About two dozen to go now....


To see what the rest of the WIPW team have reported on this last week, hop on over to Pintangle.

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2014

8 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

Your cross stitch is coming along nicely. The photo this week shows the colours very well
Jackie x

sharonb said...

"passably decent photos" - you are too self critical! Your photos are always good!

Rachel said...

The colours have turned out beautifully here - bright and clear!

Elaine said...

I have thread envy :) that cotton a border looks wonderful, is it nice to stitch with?

D1-D2 said...

Those pictures look great! Maybe once you get it right you'll post a tutorial ;)

Queeniepatch said...

Nice photos, and nice thread collection.

Renee said...

I just love these bright, tropical colors on the black background. Lovely!

zenuwpees said...

C'est très beau bonne soiree Marie-Claire

 
Google+