Tuesday 30 September 2014

Needlequest September round up


Well, I had hoped to complete half of this piece this month, basically all but the butterflies, so the autumn foliage and berries in keeping with the theme for the month, but I only managed a couple of mediocre-ly worked berries and let my piece gather dust - literally!  Things did not go according to plan this last month, with this or other things.

Speaking of other things, thanks very much to those who sent some comforting clucks and pats on the shoulder last time.  I really appreciated that.=)  I feel a lot better now.

OK, back on topic.

I'm happy to say that I wasn't working alone this month with the NQ as Wendy has been working on her 12 month hardanger piece and has completed the September block.  I'm assuming it's not that the blocks themselves are seasonal, but that it's meant to be a block worked per month?  I missed any earlier segments, so I'm not sure, but it's very pretty and was worth Wendy's hard work on it.=)

So, yeah, September hasn't been the best on a few fronts, but I'm still alive and kicking and hoping to progress my two current projects substantially, plus do some work on October's NQ theme (more on that tomorrow) and to be able to share more pretties with you all in the weeks to come.

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2014

7 comments:

D1-D2 said...

Wow it's really dusty. At the beginning I thought it was residue from the transfer, until I read your post lol. I'm sure you'll do better next month :) we all have our days when we don't feel like doing anything.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Here's to a better October!

Sparklyjools said...

I have so many of those days, it seems! Hope October brings much - and happy, stitching!

Queeniepatch said...

Be grateful the beautiful design was not spoiled with stains. A bit of dust is no problem to remove; when things have settled down and you can start stitching again.
Take your time and enjoy stitching when you are ready.

Rachel said...

Good to know you are still alive and kicking!
Add oil, hun!

Wendy said...

Each block is based on the seasons. It's not easy to see in some of them, but you can see the rain in april and the winter ones are quite frosty looking.

zenuwpees said...

Beau début de broderie

 
Google+