Wednesday 14 May 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday - 14 May 2014

Here she is, with one part of her shawl complete. Looks a lot better on that side, doesn't she?=)  For some reason, she looks warmer!!

I haven't got a lot done this past week, but at least some progress has been made.  I hope I can complete the shawl at least before the next update as part of Sharon B's Work in Progress Wednesdays group.  The unworked side is somewhat larger than the worked side, so we'll have to see....  This piece isn't moving as fast as it did in the earlier stages as I haven't been working on it in bed for a while!!!

Here's the full piece at the moment as well.  I'm glad I chose to change the shawl colour from the original fur shades to this deep, pinkish red as it really adds more warmth and colour balance to the piece, I think.



Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2014

10 comments:

Pamela said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to see her face.

Rachel said...

I can see that there is a larger section to do on the unstitched side, but it's rattling along pretty well, all the same!

Renee said...

She is looking fantastic! I look forward to seeing next week's progress.

carorose said...

This is looking so good. I know how it feels making slow progress but you get there in the end. Sometimes without much reverse stitching.

Beth in IL said...

This is beautiful! Wish my Elizabeth was as far along.

Queeniepatch said...

Great work, especially since you have been stitching in bed. Don't overdo it, think of your health first of all. Yes, the shawl adds a lot of warmth!

EvalinaMaria said...

It's looking lovely, well done!

Anonymous said...

The addition of red has really made her 'come alive' and you're right she does look warmer!

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

zenuwpees said...

Felicitation très belle broderie et bien avancé Marie-Claire

Linda H said...

She's really coming along! Looking great. I too am anxious to see her face.

 
Google+