Wednesday 3 October 2012

Work In Progress Wednesday - 3 Oct 2012

Another Wednesday has come around and I have one working session on each WISP to show this time.  First the Brazilian piece.  I had a very interesting comment left on my last WIP Weds post by Rosalie Wakefield of BE fame with some suggestions on how to make bullions better and how to avoid the thread problems.  I haven't yet tried her method (although I will) as I decided to give myself a break from the eternal bullions and add in some greenery instead:


Even with expert advice though, I don't think I'll be making BE (Brazilian Embroidery) a regular feature of my work.  Yes, it is lovely and, yes, the threads are glorious - at least to look at, but I don't think it's my thing and I'll most likely be selling my big 'Ariel's Heart' kit in the near future....

The sampler has some leaves and flower centres added and I'm almost tempted to offer a prize to the reader who can spot where!!!  


Having this Wednesday series is really helping me to at least do something on these pieces each week, even though they could hardly be said to be steaming ahead.  The fact is they are moving ahead and I'm longing to get the BE piece done and to a less confusing part of the sampler (although I think I'm beginning to 'get' it to some degree) and then get my other two stalled pieces - an old C&G peacock feather piece and the stumpwork bunny - back going again and finished.  I really want to do other things, but I just don't feel I can with four WIPs.  I don't usually like to have more than two on the go, so four really is OTT and uncomfortable for me.

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2012

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sometimes the complicated things get easier as more is done, because you have more "marker points" to work from.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Yes, I think so too, Rachel! I've already done a bit more on each....

sharonb said...

I understand what you mean about feeling you can't start other stuff until you have cleared the decks a little. The sampler looks lovely.

Favo de Mel said...

Hi, Elizabeth, that beauty of embroidery, delicate super loved. Congratulations girl. A hug Iêda.

 
Google+